Thursday, July 9, 2020

Go Take a Hike


Gotta stop and read the signs.
The majority of our time up here, I have been feeling a little off. At times a little nauseous from my medication and other times just adjusting to the altitude. Regardless, I wanted to do at least a little hiking (or in my case strolling). I searched for easy trails with views of the lake and found Pedal Path which is a paved path that goes around parts of Big Bear Lake. It is also a path for bike riders.


Zach and David
David

We walked along the path occasionally taking little trails down to the water's edge and walking closer to the lake. I had warned the boys that I might not be able to walk very long since I was feeling tired and not quite right. We walked for about an hour and a half and then got back in the car to drive around the lake.
There were a lot of people (mostly bike riders) on the path and several boats on the water. Big Bear Lake is very pretty with tree lined slopes surrounding it and a blue sky above.



Joe

When we returned to the cabin, I played The Logical Journey of the Zoombinis. This was a great little game that the boys and I played when they were younger. It has challenges that require you to use set theory to get your Zoombinis to Zooombiniville. So many years ago, it was on CD ROM and we played it on our desktop computer. Joe discovered that it had been re-released as an Android app and he installed it on his tablet. It was fun hearing the familiar music and narrator encouraging you through the challenges. I had forgotten how much fun and how educational Zoombinis is. I may try to get this game for my math students to play and learn. 

In the afternoon, we played several rounds of some goofy games that Zach brought. One was Unstable Unicorns and the other called Trash Pandas. Trash Pandas is really about raccoons digging through and stashing trash. It's amazing the different themes people use to create games.

I was determined to eat dinner early since the past two nights we didn't eat until after 8:00 p.m. We had grilled chicken and lots of carbs! David prepared macaroni and cheese and Zach heated up some baked beans on the one burner while I threw some baby red potatoes and corn on the cob on the grill. There were also some raw veggies and leftover lettuce and tomato from our tacos the night before for a salad.

We ended the night watching Hairspray, the musical. We considered watching Hamilton, but it was going to be too long for me to stay awake. I'm not sure what else the boys did, because I was fast asleep soon after my head hit the pillow.

This morning we will be packing up after breakfast, but we still have a few more stops on this little mini-road trip before the fun ends.

No comments:

Post a Comment