Monday, July 23, 2012

Road Trippin'

When the summer started, I had a number of people ask if the boys and I were going on another road trip. We had so much fun last summer on our trip to Mississippi, but I hadn't really planned to go on another trip so soon. But the more people asked, the more I started to get the itch to hit the road again.

Joe was able to get a few days off of work, and with a little planning, we hit the road for a short trip to San Francisco. I've been to San Francisco two or three times, but we've never actually stayed long enough to do much, so here we are for two days and three nights of exploring and experiencing Golden Gate city.


We left on Sunday evening after Joe got off work and headed out. Our destination was Newbury Park in Ventura county. We left at 7:30 p.m. thinking we'd miss most of the traffic. Turns out everyone in San Diego county had the same thought. We finally arrived and Marc & Jackie (my brother- and sister-in-law) graciously put us up for the night.

We were up early and on the road at 8:00 a.m. Our time with Marc and family was very short, but we hope to go up another time for a longer visit. Monterey was our next stop. We took the scenic route along Highway 1. It was beautiful.

We spent the afternoon in Monterey and visited the Monterey Bay Aquarium. It was a fun afternoon and I'll share more about it in my next blog post. After another two hours in the car, we are checked into our motel on Lombard Street, ready for bed, and looking forward to the next few days.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment